Jul 30, 2017 by Tracy Kelley
Working in the home healthcare industry, we can't tell you enough that ensuring your senior loved one has regular contact with others outside the home has a great impact on their mind, body and spirit. Our clients benefit from that knowledge because a Comfort Keepers caregiver will take their client out into the community for various activities in order to reap those health benefits for your senior loved one. Explore some of the events our caregivers will be taking clients to in Lakeland in August.
- First Saturday Shindig, 8/5, 10:00 AM - 3:00 p.m., The Juice Box, 4295 S Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33813.
Join us the first Saturday of each month as we invite different vendors, artists and musicians to the breezeway outside the front door of The Juice Box.
- Chair Yoga, 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, 8/28, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Hollis Cancer Center, 3525 Lakeland Hills Blvd, Lakeland, FL 33805.
This yoga session is a slower-paced class, focused on relaxation. Participants should wear comfortable clothing and shoes (no shorts or tank tops).
- Knit One, Crochet Too! 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, 8/28, 6:30 PM - 8:00, Lakeland Public Library, Training Room, 100 Lake Morton Dr., Lakeland, FL 33801.
Join us every Monday at 6:30 pm for Knit One, Crochet Too! in the Training Room at the Lakeland Public Library. Registration is not required and the club is open to all levels of experience.
- Simpson Park Community Event, 8/12, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Simpson Park.
Come celebrate GOOD TIMES! Please join us as we celebrate our community! Our event will feature fun for the entire family. Games, Horse Shoes, Sack Races, Corn Hole, Jump Rope, Hula Hoops, Horse Back Riding and more! Hosted by: Valencia Heights/Pinehurst Neighborhood
- Creative Yoga with Michelle Pugh, 8/18, 12:00 PM - 1:00 p.m., Polk Museum of Art, 800 E. Palmetto St., Lakeland, FL 33801.
Join our Creative Yoga class every third Friday for a truly inspirational experience. Dedicated yoga practitioner Michelle Pugh will guide you through an hour long hatha-based class that will end with a meditation focused on our current exhibition. Our classes are a community format so that all ages, sizes, and levels of experience will feel comfortable. Practice will vary to increase diversity in your practice. Modifications are always offered. Please arrive early as space is limited and bring your own mat and blanket if possible.
- Fine Art at the Magnolia, 8/19 and 8/20,10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Magnolia Building, 702 East Orange Street, Lakeland, FL.
Our first year show! 20 accomplished Florida Artists (local & state) will be showing their original works for two days indoors at the lovely historic Magnolia Building in the heart of Lakeland's downtown garden district. Perfectly-sized & air-conditioned. Free admission, community event, so get out of the heat & into the ART!
Photo courtesy of VisitCentralFL.